Tuesday, November 27, 2007

1 Cor 13

Life will deny me, frustrate me
But love is patient
Life will be unkind and brutal
But love is kind
Life will show me how little I have, will compare me to others
But love does not envy
Life will applaud my success and give me medals
But love does not boast
Life will ensure me I am entitled to joy
But love is not proud
Life will trample me and spit upon me
But love does not dishonor
Life will bolster my ego
But love is not self-seeking
Life will infuriate me
But love is not easily angered
Life will demand accounts, wants to be a zero-sum game
But love keeps no record of wrongs
Life delights in the victories of the strong
But love doesn't delight in evil
Life celebrates lies
But love rejoices in truth
Life leaves the weak helpless
But love always protects
Life is a series of betrayals
But love always trusts
Life is full of despair, misery
But love always hopes
Life quits, ends
But love always perseveres
Life is finally vanquished
Love never fails